Job: Account Executive - Fire Sales, RFI Communications & Security Systems, San Jose, CA
The Sales Person is responsible for establishing new corporate accounts and service sale opportunities. Duties may include, but are not limited to, estimating and negotiating projects with clients including general and electrical contractors through customer service and public relations.
Other duties/responsibilities of this position include but are not limited the following:
• Bring new clients into RFI, and actively sell and market RFI’s services and products to achieve agreed-upon revenue goals. Regularly contact and/or meet with clients to promote business and goodwill.
• Develop and maintain customer relationships, promoting a lasting business partnership.
• Attend NFPA, manufacturer seminars and other industry functions as appropriate.
• Develop design and negotiate projects and service opportunities in the bid and negotiated market for the assigned discipline. Develop new sales territories as required using Chamber of Commerce, Builder’s Exchange, BOMA and other organizations as required.
• Develop sales goals in conjunction with the Team Leader. Strive to meet or exceed targeted goals for Quota, RMR and Profitability.
• Track and follow up on all Team projects to ensure profitability and overall customer satisfaction and success. Manage and monitor all project billing to ensure prompt payment and assist with change order processing.
• Coordinate with the Project Team to generate billing and solve any problems that might interfere with collections in a timely manner.
• Analyze prospective work accurately, comprehensively and timely. Ensure high quality estimates resulting in awarded projects.
Desired Skills & Experience
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in fire alarm system sales. Siemens Fire Alarm product experience is desired.
• Knowledge of NFPA and the California Fire Code is required. NICET Level 1 is preferred.
• Qualified candidates must have a clean criminal record, valid driver’s license, favorable DMV report, pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
• Skill in persuasive oral and written communications, including effective executive-level presentation skills.
• Demonstrated skills in the areas of sales and business development.
• Demonstrated energy, drive, determination and persistence, even when confronted with rejection.
• Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and prospects.
• Ability to analyze sales data and develop recommendations and solutions.
• Excellent planning, organization and time management skills.
• Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently.
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
• Ability to be an effective team member and handle project assignments responsibly.
• Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
• Courteous telephone manner.
• Strong customer service and results orientation.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements:
High school education, or equivalent, required. Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field, engineering, and project management preferred. Ideal candidates will have 2 or more years of experience, NICET I or higher, excellent time management and organizational skills and be proficient in the following computer programs (Excel, Access, Word, Internet, Outlook, Power Point, Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics AX). Previous operations and installation experience in fire/life safety systems is preferred but not required. Candidates must also be able to read financial statements, multi-task and work under deadlines. Excellent oral, written communication and customer service skills are essential. This position requires a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and insurance.