Fire and Security Jobs
Welcome to the premier site for fire protection and security jobs in the USA
Post a Job
Job: Technician – Service/Install, Richmond Alarm Company, Norfolk, VA
Technician – Service/Install
Norfolk, VA 23517 United States
Position Title: Technician – Service/Install
Reports To: Department Manager
The chief responsibility of the technician is to ensure the customer’s of Richmond Alarm are provided professional, efficient and courteous service and installations in a timely manner and within the NFPA and County/ City Guidelines. The technician will also be expected to ensure their daily tasks are completed correctly and on time. The technician will make sure that the tasks are achieved to the customer’s satisfaction, within the State and County/City Guidelines, while at the same time, ensuring Richmond Alarm’s Department remains profitable.
The technician should be at their job site and ready to start at 8:00 a.m. (Unless you have to come to the office to pick up equipment or parts for service calls or installs). The closing time will be 4:30 p.m. Because we are a service company, there may be times that you will need to work overtime; however, all overtime must be approved prior, by the Operations Manager. This position may require odd hours, depending on the customer’s needs. This position will require us to work outside of our normal hours to accommodate the customer’s availability. This position requires you to be included on the on-call rotation. The position will be an hourly position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Installs and/or Services RAC Customers according to the paperwork provided while at the same time ensuring the customer’s expectations are met
• Maintain a proper truck stock/inventory in order for you perform your job duties
o Request any inventory to the inventory coordinator to maintain your stock
o Prior to going to a job or call review your paperwork and make sure you have the proper equipment to complete the job
• Arrive On Time and be Prepared to Complete Job Requested
o Review the paperwork to make sure you are on time and meeting the customer’s expectation
o If you are not on time, it is your responsibility to let the office and the customer know your ETA
o Inform the office of your in/out time
• Perform the Service/Installation According to the Paperwork
o Call once you are on the job so the office can clock you in and put the account test – if required
o Introduce yourself to the customer and let them know why you are there and what you are planning to do.
o Once you have completed the walk-thru with the customer, if there any changes that need to be made from what you have on your paperwork, you must notify your immediate supervisor for proper instructions to move forward
o If your immediate supervisors is unavailable, call the operations manager
o At the end or completion of the job/day call in your out time, take the system off test and resolve the ticket
o Make every effort to collect money at the end of the call –(Service) and Installation only if noted on paperwork
o Turn in all paperwork in the office within 48 hours of completed job with all required information filled in and completed
o MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO USE TECH SUPPORT, MAS MOBILE, ALARMNET360, ALARM.COM AND GOOGLE to take some of the volume of work off the customer service department. Keep in mind; they are answering calls for over 10,000 customers, sales and our other offices. Use the resources that RAC has provided for you.
o Update the Service Coordinator every time you set an appointment
• Maintain your Company Vehicle
o Keep your vehicle clean – inside and out at all times
o NO Smoking or use of any tobacco products allowed
o It is your responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is kept in safe and proper working order
o You are NEVER to operate an unsafe vehicle
o You are the one operating the vehicle – it is up to you to inform your direct supervisor of work that needs to be completed
o If this work is not completed in a timely manner – it is up to you to inform the Operations Manager
o Ensure at all times that you are complying with RAC safety and care guidelines of the vehicle
o Ensure at all times are City, County and State requirements are kept current and up-to-date and to notify your supervisory and/or the operations manager if they are not
• Provide Help to the Installation/Service/Inspection Department as Needed
o Upon request, assist other departments in order to meet and/or exceed our customer’s expectations and work as a team for internal expectations
o Maintain a Valid DMV Virginia Driver License with at least 3 points
o Maintain All DCJS Registrations as Required by the State of Virginia
o Cross train in both the Installation and Service Department
o Notify Customers of any change in schedule or timing
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain friendly, cooperative relations with customers, company personnel and management.
• Perform other tasks or assignments as delegated by the Operations Manager
• Demonstrate the ability to tactfully handle difficult situations.
• Continue professional development through training courses as necessary.
• Organize personal schedule to maximize productivity and time management.
• Follow all Company personnel policies and procedures.
The technician plays a critical role in the profitability of department and the company. The productivity impacts the success of the department’s profitability and margins. The performance of the technical staff directly effects the attrition of the company – your quality and professional installations/service contributes RAC maintaining customers for years.
Installation or Service Coordinator
o High school diploma
- 2+ years of experience in a service business; security related business preferred.
- Computer skills, including work with various scheduling programs, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- DCJS Registration
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License with at least 3 points
The install/service/on-call technician is measured according to the following criteria:
• Projects meet or exceed the profit goals of the estimate.
• Inventory is properly maintained
• All Paperwork is completed on time
• All necessary communication with RAC’s internal and external customers is all professional and courteous
• Willingness to cross train and help other RAC departments as needed.
• You maintain and operate your vehicle within RAC’s Safety and Care Guidelines
• You ALWAYS follow the RAC, City, State, and OSHA Safety Regulations
• Maintain Richmond Alarm’s expected relations with customers, coworkers and management.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Fire Protection, Electronic Security & Life Safety's Top Job Board since 2006
We've been serving Fire Protection, Electronic Security & Life Safety jobs for ten years.
Browse Job Seeker Profiles and Post your Jobs today!! Take advantage of our multiple packages and save your recruiting budgets.
: Browse jobs and post your resume. Take advantage of our
job alert emails
Questions? Call 877-562-2627
Follow us on
/ Like us on
/ Join our
Post a Job
Terms & Conditions