Fire and Security Jobs
Welcome to the premier site for fire protection and security jobs in the USA
Post a Job
Job: Systems Applications Specialist, Kratos Public Safety & Security Solutions, Fair Lawn, NJ
Systems Applications Specialist
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410 United States
Kratos Public Safety & Security Solutions, Inc. (Kratos PSS) is an industry leader in security system integration focused on access control, video surveillance, communications, and building automation.
Kratos offers a generous benefits package which includes 401K matching, a generous paid holiday and paid time off program, an employee stock purchase program, health insurance, education reimbursement, and more.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Responsible for design and startup of all security integration projects. Oversees the preparation of project submittals. Works closely with the project manager and other engineers to insure design integrity and functionality. Re-designs if necessary to meet the customer’s requirements. Support projects and customers as needed. Assists the Sales Department with pre-bid review to insure that bid proposals meet specifications and functionality demands.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned. Essential functions may vary by location.
* Responsible for engineering, design and configuration aspects of physical security integration projects.
* Commission complex security systems, including access, IP video and time and attendance.
* Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex problems and manage the needs of customers.
* Provide first line technical support of mission critical business processes for customers.
* Create and maintain customer system software libraries, procedures manuals and supporting documentation.
* Responsible for preparation, updating and storage of design and construction drawings
* Maintains engineering work schedules and coordinates work with project managers
* Works closely with CAD department to prepare, update system drawings
* Maintains good communications between project managers and engineering staff
* Assists in preparation of data required for progress payments and final billing
* Supports sales department and project manager with installation, staging and configuration data used for estimate
* Responsible for tracking and accurately posting engineering time to appropriate jobs
* Field Engineers
* Trainee Engineers
* CAD Administrators
* CAD Operators
Employee must exhibit the following minimum knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• BS degree in Electrical, Computer, IT or Electronics Engineering
• Minimum of 1-3 years relevant experience
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems
• Thorough knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Visio, etc.
• Application and Database Server troubleshooting skill-set
• Knowledge of security system ( CCTV, Access Controls, Intrusion Detection, etc. ) design
• Network experience a plus
• Microsoft Certifications a plus
* Develop and demonstrate subject matter expertise on all supported systems.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills to coordinate effectively with team members
* Strong written communications skills required
* Strong math and analytical skills as well as an eye for detail
* Strong organizational skills. Must have the ability to prioritize workload effectively
* Ability to interact effectively across diverse cultures and at all levels
* Ability to interpret complex documents
* Ability to clearly present information in one-on-one and group situations
* Ability to solve problems and carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
* Able to design security systems with appropriate infrastructure
* Able to lead CAD technicians in changing/evolving designs
* Prepare, update, store, understand contract and system design drawings and successfully apply to projects
* Collaborate with sales and project managers to assure design and functionality needs are met
* Ability to contribute and participate in RFP capture team's review and critiquing for any size project (take-offs, estimating tools, pricing, etc.)
The employee will likely be placed in an office. The work environment characteristics are representative of those of an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor.
A Systems Engineer's workday is spent in the office or he/she may venture out to a job site depending on job requirements. When visiting a site, an Engineer must be prepared for conditions that may be unpleasant or even dangerous. The Engineer may find they are examining locations that are in poor condition in order to gather information on the project. He/she may also be exposed to general construction dangers from equipment or falling objects. Project environments can vary from pre-construction job sites to clean, air conditioned datacenters. Due to these requirements the engineer must comply with all conditions pertaining to KPSS safety programs.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Fire Protection, Electronic Security & Life Safety's Top Job Board since 2006
We've been serving Fire Protection, Electronic Security & Life Safety jobs for ten years.
Browse Job Seeker Profiles and Post your Jobs today!! Take advantage of our multiple packages and save your recruiting budgets.
: Browse jobs and post your resume. Take advantage of our
job alert emails
Questions? Call 877-562-2627
Follow us on
/ Like us on
/ Join our
Post a Job
Terms & Conditions