Fire and Security Jobs
Welcome to the premier site for fire protection and security jobs in the USA
Post a Job
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Life Safety Installation Technician
Lenexa, KS 66215 United States
- Insurance; health, dental, optical, life
- Company vehicle
- Family oriented
- Paid holidays & PTO
- Possible relocation assistance
- Potential hiring bonus
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
This is a lead technician field position, the primary function of this role is the install, program, configure, commission & test of both fire alarm and security systems.
You will manage individual projects, working closely with the general contractor, electrical contractor and any other trade industry’s that interact with the Fire Alarm System.
Ability to read construction plans and specs, running and pulling wire, mounting panels, installing field devices, programming, troubleshooting and testing the system. Ensuring that all aspects of the system adhere to: NPFA, NEC, Manufacturer recommendations, local codes, regulations and standards.
Document installation as-builts as the project progresses.
Handle all inspections of the fire alarm system with City Inspectors, Fire Marshals and or Fire Departments.
Handle any required Customer Training.
Maintain a safe and secure work environment.
Coordinate and communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Must be able to run and complete a project with minimal supervision.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Prefer advanced electrical and/or technical training.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and various system programming platforms preferred.
- Have a valid Driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Must be able to coordinate and communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- A professional appearance is expected.
- Prefer a minimum 2 year of experience in the Fire Alarm / Security industry, you must have a working knowledge of low voltage electrical systems.
- Experience in commercial Security, Access Control, IP based CCTV and - Life Safety systems is also desired.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools, digital meters and other fire peripheral equipment as directed and/or specified.
- Ability to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions: such as climbing ladders, using scissor or boom lifts, working within ducts, crawl spaces or above ceilings, etc.
- Show a desire to obtain NICET Level I certification within 12 months.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to work on electrical systems and components (panels, audible/visual alarms, pull stations smoke and duct detectors, etc.).
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, specifications.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds regularly (sit, stand, bend, kneel, vision acuity and manual dexterity).
Fire Protection, Electronic Security & Life Safety's Top Job Board since 2006
We've been serving Fire Protection, Electronic Security & Life Safety jobs for ten years.
Browse Job Seeker Profiles and Post your Jobs today!! Take advantage of our multiple packages and save your recruiting budgets.
: Browse jobs and post your resume. Take advantage of our
job alert emails
Questions? Call 877-562-2627
Follow us on
/ Like us on
/ Join our
Post a Job
Terms & Conditions