Fire & Life Safety America
Position: Sprinkler Designer
Job Description # JD14
SUMMARY: Responsible for operating with minimal supervision while completing project designs and submittals. Expected to be very familiar with FLSA?s quality documents, procedures, and work instructions as they related to the design function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Strong working knowledge of fire sprinkler codes. NICET II or NICET III preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered assuming individual pursues NICET education.
2. Design automatic sprinkler systems including fire pumps, tanks, wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge systems.
3. Perform hydraulic calculations for each design.
4. Prepare submittal packages to send to (AHJ) Authority Having Jurisdiction and subsequent correspondence to achieve design approval.
5. With assistance from the Design Manager, a Senior Sprinkler Designer, or others, prepare fabrication lists for pipe fabrication vendor and requisition materials for job.
6. With assistance from the Design Manager, a Senior Sprinkler Designer, or others, perform field surveys to ensure design is appropriate for structure.
7. Assist field personnel with design related installation issues.
8. Prepare and submit final job close-out documents after final acceptance testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma, BA, BS, or engineering degree or approximately four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong working knowledge of personal computers.
Ability to read and write clearly. Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Design Manager.
Fire & Life Safety America (FLSA) is a premier life safety contractor with offices along the east coast and in Texas. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards quality of life issues. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, medical and dental coverage, vacation, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance; flexible spending plan, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
FLSA participates in EVerify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.