Fire and Security Jobs
Welcome to the premier site for fire protection and security jobs in the USA
Post a Job
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Fire Alarm Technician
League City, TX 77573 United States
$20.30 minimum - w/o prior school district exp. - up to $22.31 mid with prior school district exp. / Per Hour
• Manages and maintains the district's life safety systems including trouble shooting, repair, monitoring, upgrading and installation of hardware as needed to maintain a condition of excellence in the district's facilities.
• High school diploma or GED
• National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology (NICET) Level 1 certification preferred.
• Must be able to pass criminal history and MVR driving record as required by CCISD
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to properly solder and replace components both on and off circuit boards
• Ability to understand operation of equipment
• Ability to read, follow and interpret schematic diagrams for equipment under test
• Ability to install cable and wiring in buildings
• Ability to test electrical/electronic components and devices
• Three years experience in fire alarm and safety systems
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
• Responsible for cleaning, repairing and maintaining fire alarm and life safety systems across the district.
• Responsible for coordinating outside vendors for required NFPA testing of fire alarm and fire sprinkler systems.
• Train and demonstrate operation of systems to district staff to maintain safe environment.
• Maintain documentation log of all battery replacement and cleaning as required.
• Maintain schedule of required inspections and frequency for life safety systems.
• Maintain documentation of all work completed including inspection reports per site as needed.
• Coordinate inspection and testing of fire sprinkler systems as per NFPA requirements.
• Coordinate inspection and testing of fire hood suppression systems as required.
• Coordinate inspection and testing of FM-200 suppression systems as required.
• Instruct building staff on proper operation/use of equipment.
• Interface with local authorities to test and verify existing systems when requests.
• Be available for after hour demands.
• Stay up-to-date professionally through the selection of quality staff development opportunities for personal growth.
• Research district policy, precedent, and current practices prior to taking action.
• Participate as an effective team member who contributes to district, department, and content goals.
• Demonstrate integrity and ethics.
• Display proficient levels of technology applications.
• Utilize time wisely for effective management of job responsibilities.
• Maintain punctuality in daily work times, appointments, and meetings.
• Meet task completion deadlines established by supervisor.
• Maintain friendly customer-service-driven interactions with all stakeholders, students, teachers, administrators, and co-workers.
• Work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that the goals of the school/department are met.
• Maintain a positive and professional tone in all communication (i.e. email, written, and verbal).
• Perform other duties and accept other responsibilities as assigned by supervisors.
• Including but not limited to all types of electrical tools and diagnostic instruments
• Effective communication
• Concentration in assembly and repair of energized lines and equipment
• Ability to maintain emotional control at all times
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
• Strenuous walking, standing, and/or climbing
• Lifting up to 50 pounds
• Inside and outside exposure to hot and cold temperatures
• Exposure to dust, toxic chemicals, and materials
• Exposure to damaged electrical/electronic devices
• Working on ladders
• Slippery and uneven surfaces
Days in Contract: 230
Hours Worked: 8
Pay Grade: Aux 7
Primary Location: Maintenance
Shift Type: Full-Time
Fire Protection, Electronic Security & Life Safety's Top Job Board since 2006
We've been serving Fire Protection, Electronic Security & Life Safety jobs for ten years.
Browse Job Seeker Profiles and Post your Jobs today!! Take advantage of our multiple packages and save your recruiting budgets.
: Browse jobs and post your resume. Take advantage of our
job alert emails
Questions? Call 877-562-2627
Follow us on
/ Like us on
/ Join our
Post a Job
Terms & Conditions