Fire and Security Jobs
Welcome to the premier site for fire protection and security jobs in the USA
Post a Job
Job: FIRE SUPPRESSION TECHNICIAN I – PRE-ENGINEERED SYSTEMS, Total Fire Protection, Brooklyn, NY
FIRE SUPPRESSION TECHNICIAN I – PRE-ENGINEERED SYSTEMS
Brooklyn, NY 11234 United States
TFP1, INC D/B/A Total Fire Protection (”TFP” or the “Company”) specializes in all aspects of sales and service of Fire and Life Safety products. We are a recognized leader in the fire protection industry and provide our services and products both nationally and locally. Our customer base ranges from commercial buildings and tenants to retail stores, hospitals, schools, construction and transportation industries, giving us the opportunity to sell our products and services to a vast majority of businesses.
Total Fire Protection is seeking a Fire Suppression Technician I – Pre-Engineered Systems. This position requires the ability to install pre-engineered fire suppression systems and to inspect, test, and maintain systems for established customers on a scheduled basis.
Below are specific responsibilities per corresponding function, that this position is directly responsible for:
• Install pre-engineered wet and dry chemical system installations.
• Conducting service calls which includes systems testing and inspections to NFPA 17, 17a, 30 & 96.
• Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting and repairs of our customer’s fire suppression systems; identifying code issues and non-conformance issues.
• Preparing accurate and timely service tickets and reports.
• Perform Semi-Annual/Annual testing of wet/dry chemical systems per NFPA 17, 17a, 30 & 96.
• Perform Annual inspection of portable fire extinguishers per NFPA 10.
• Inspect, Test, and Maintain (ITM) systems within commercial high-rise, industrial facilities, hotels, hospitals, residences, and all other types of commercial applications.
• Valid and current state driver's license, required.
• HS diploma/ GED equivalent, required.
• Ability to be available when scheduled and on-call as needed, required. • Minimum of 2-year experience in the installation, inspection, test, and maintenance of pre-engineered fire suppression systems and related equipment, required.
• Manufacturer certification on any major system (ANSUL and Pyro-Chem Preferred)
• Knowledge and experience to perform manufacture services along with NFPA required services.
• Must have the ability to obtain a W96 COF certification for City of New York within first 30 days.
• Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals
• Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment & tools up to 50-70 lbs.
• Able to work in unusual & difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding & high-lift equipment up to 40-ft, to work within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
• Able to work flexible hours including weekends when required
• Able to participate in an on-call rotation schedule
• Must be able to demonstrate a high level of customer service
• Must process strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
• Must be able to successfully perform service and repairs on sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial
• Must act as the contact customer representative and ascertain equipment/systems problems for a variety of systems which may include:
o Pre-UL300 Systems
o ABC, BC, and Class K Portables
o Basic Fire Alarm Knowledge
o Basic Fire Sprinkler Knowledge
Total Fire Protection is a nationwide Fire and Life Safety firm that has been serving the industry for over 15 years. Our employees take their jobs very seriously because they recognize that life safety services protect buildings and save lives. Total Fire Protection has sustained rapid growth throughout our continued success, and plans to expand even further.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Fire Protection, Electronic Security & Life Safety's Top Job Board since 2006
We've been serving Fire Protection, Electronic Security & Life Safety jobs for ten years.
Browse Job Seeker Profiles and Post your Jobs today!! Take advantage of our multiple packages and save your recruiting budgets.
: Browse jobs and post your resume. Take advantage of our
job alert emails
Questions? Call 877-562-2627
Follow us on
/ Like us on
/ Join our
Post a Job
Terms & Conditions