Fire and Security Jobs
Welcome to the premier site for fire protection and security jobs in the USA
Post a Job
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Senior Service Technician
Irving, TX 75220 United States
Competitive Salary based upon experience.
Schedule: Shift – approximately 8-10 hours per day primarily between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. with 1 hour lunch break unless arrangements have been agreed to by the employer and the employee; Usually 5 days/week, 40-50 hours/week. On Call service will be required. The on call schedule requires 24 hour, after normal business hours, availability to service clients for a full seven (7) days. This schedule rotates among local technicians. Please refer to employee handbook for details.
The primary responsibility of the Service Technician is to service existing system hardware, software, field devices, and associated wiring to the highest industry and Knight Security Systems (KSS) standards. Service Technician is responsible for system training, inspections, correcting or adjusting system programming, or other malfunctions in systems such as intrusion, access control, video, intercom, fire, integration programming, etc. Service Technician is accountable for communication with the customer, vendors, subcontractors, and Knight Security Systems’ personnel. The Service Technician will ensure that all Knight Security Systems’ process and procedures are followed. Service Technician may be responsible for field supervision of KSS employees, subcontractors, and on site coordination between other trades.
- Possess knowledge of all field devices provided, professional wiring methods, programming, system capabilities, and competent in all installation aspects.
- Join in scheduled on-call rotation and satisfactorily service clients
- Coordinate schedule with Knight service personnel
- Coordinate and document activities with other installation/construction trades
- Know and understand the system requirements and deliver the agreed service to the client
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Fire Alarm installation and codes.
- Demonstrate capability to use a computer to program IP addresses of devices, panels, routers, servers, etc.
- Perform complex system programming on intrusion, access, video, other systems, and system integration.
- Use the proper trouble solving methods for field wiring, device repair/application, and system programming.
- Document as-built changes of system installation
- Properly record daily time and task electronically per KSS process.
- Communicate daily progress to the project supervisor in format required.
- Possess ability to understand project blueprints and service accordingly. - Define and sequence all service activities to achieve daily schedule.
- Know and follow all KSS, OSHA, and jobsite safety requirements.
- Attend any required meetings.
- Attend weekly Operations Department meetings to communicate and identify issues and provide detailed suggested solutions.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy job folders, and Company systems, to include all necessary information such as Bill of Materials, Work Schedule, Asset Sheets, Approved Plans, Permits, and Packing Slips for received materials, contractor bids, and Scope of Work.
- Monitor and control KSS costs related to the execution of system servicing.
- Continually coordinate with any involved trades and document any Knight Security requirements to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Cost 70+% of labor time to service tickets while maintaining high efficiency and productivity
- Adhere to all Knight Security Systems’ policies and procedures.
- Keep track of all KSS project equipment and materials.
- Keep customer site and company vehicle clean, organized, and orderly. - May supervisor others at times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure you constantly operate within the Knight Security Core Values of Honor, Integrity, Service.
- Constantly work towards your development of industry and product knowledge.
- Attend any on-going safety meetings.
High School Diploma and at least 5 years of related technician experience or a commensurate combination of education and experience. Must possess or be able to pass a state required background test and hold a Texas Security License. Pass mandatory drug tests.Clean and satisfactory driving record, safely operate motor vehicle. Mandatory requirements; Texas State Fire Alarm License OSHA Certification, DMP Technical, Genetec Synergys (Access), Milestone Advanced, Genetec Omnicast (Video), S2 Basic, Sony, IQInvision, Panasonic
Fire Protection, Electronic Security & Life Safety's Top Job Board since 2006
We've been serving Fire Protection, Electronic Security & Life Safety jobs for ten years.
Browse Job Seeker Profiles and Post your Jobs today!! Take advantage of our multiple packages and save your recruiting budgets.
: Browse jobs and post your resume. Take advantage of our
job alert emails
Questions? Call 877-562-2627
Follow us on
/ Like us on
/ Join our
Post a Job
Terms & Conditions