Fire & Life Safety America
Position: Sprinkler Technician
Job Description JD 46
SUMMARY: Sprinkler Technicians are responsible for inspecting sprinkler systems, fire pumps, backflows (absent regulatory restrictions) with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Strong working knowledge of fire sprinkler codes. NICET II or NICET III preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered assuming individual pursues NFPA 25 (NICET) education.
2. Understanding of sprinkler devices and their intended use and operation.
3. Able to sprinkler testing and maintenance and complete documentation in a neat and timely manner.
4. Attend seminars from time to time to stay abreast of changing technology, installation and testing approaches.
5. Ability to work well with people and present themselves and FLSA in a favorable manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma, BA, BS, or engineering degree or experience or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong working knowledge of personal computers and alarm panel programming.
Ability to read and write clearly. Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the Service Operations Manager or Service Manager.
Fire & Life Safety America (FLSA) is a premier life safety contractor with offices along the east coast and in Texas. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards quality of life issues. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, medical and dental coverage, vacation, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance; flexible spending plan, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
FLSA participates in EVerify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.