Fire and Security Jobs
Welcome to the premier site for fire protection and security jobs in the USA
Post a Job
Job: FIRE SPRINKLER TECHNICIAN, Total Fire Protection, Brooklyn, NY
FIRE SPRINKLER TECHNICIAN
Brooklyn, NY 11234 United States
Total Fire Protection provides a productive and engaged work environment that demonstrates that we value our employees. Our employees receive paid training, competitive salary, performance-based advancement, paid vacation, paid holidays, health benefits and 401(k) as well as other great incentives.
Total Fire Protection (TFP1, Inc. ) specializes in all aspects of sales and service of Fire, Life, and Safety products. We are a recognized leader in the fire protection industry and provide our services and products both nationally and locally. Our customer base ranges from commercial buildings and tenants to retail stores, hospitals, schools, construction and transportation industries, giving us the opportunity to sell our products and services to a vast majority of businesses.
Total Fire Protection is seeking a Fire Sprinkler Technician. This position requires the ability to install fire sprinkler systems and to inspect and repair sprinkler systems for established customers on a scheduled basis.
• Fire sprinkler system installations
• Conducting service calls which includes systems testing and inspections to the prescribed standards
• Performing on-site emergency troubleshooting and repairs of our customer’s fire sprinkler systems, Identifying code issues and non-conformance issues
• Preparing accurate and timely service tickets and report
• Perform Monthly Visual Inspections, Quarterly Testing, Semi Annual & Annual Flow Testing of Sprinkler Systems as per NFPA 25.
• Perform 5-Year Hydrostatic Testing on the FD Connections (Both Sprinkler and Standpipe) and experience in working with FDNY to witness testing
• Perform Annual Fire Pump Testing along with Monthly/Weekly Churn Testing.
• Service and maintain proper reporting and deficiencies within commercial high-rise, industrial, hotels, hospitals, residences, and all other types of commercial applications
• Valid and current state driver's license, required
• HS diploma/ GED equivalent, required
• Ability to be available when scheduled and on-call as needed, required
• Minimum of 2-year experience in the installation, maintenance, inspection and repair of fire sprinklers or related equipment, required
• Backflow Certification, preferred
• Knowledge and experience to perform Monthly Visual Inspections, Quarterly Testing, Semi Annual & Annual Flow Testing of Sprinkler Systems as per NFPA 25.
• Ability to perform 5-Year Hydrostatic Testing on the FD Connections (Both Sprinkler and Standpipe) and experience in working with FDNY to witness testing.
• Knowledge and experience in performing Annual Fire Pump Testing along with Monthly/Weekly Churn Testing.
• Must have the S12 and S13 COF – If applicable able to obtain additional COF
• NICET Level II/NICET Level III Certification in Water Based Systems preferred
• Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals
• Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment & tools up to 50-70 lbs.
• Able to work in unusual & difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding & high-lift equipment up to 40-ft, to work within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
• Able to work flexible hours including weekends when required
• Able to participate in an on-call rotation schedule
• Must be able to demonstrate a high level of customer service
• Must process strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
• Must be able to successfully perform service and repairs on sprinkler systems for commercial, industrial Must act as the contact customer representative and ascertain equipment/systems problems and residential applications, some which may include:
- Wet (steel, copper and CPVC)
- Fire Pumps
Working at Total Fire Protection
Total Fire Protection is a nationwide Fire and Life Safety firm that has been serving the industry for over 15 years. Our corporate offices are located in Brooklyn, New York. Our employees take their jobs very seriously because they recognize that life safety services protect buildings and save lives. Total Fire Protection has sustained rapid growth throughout our continued success, and plan to expand even further. We are looking for dedicated individuals to facilitate our expansion and share in our success. Total Fire Protection provides a productive and engaged work environment that demonstrates that we value our employees. Our employees receive paid training, competitive salary, performance-based advancement, paid vacation, paid holidays, health benefits and 401(k) as well as other great incentives.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Fire Protection, Electronic Security & Life Safety's Top Job Board since 2006
We've been serving Fire Protection, Electronic Security & Life Safety jobs for ten years.
Browse Job Seeker Profiles and Post your Jobs today!! Take advantage of our multiple packages and save your recruiting budgets.
: Browse jobs and post your resume. Take advantage of our
job alert emails
Questions? Call 877-562-2627
Follow us on
/ Like us on
/ Join our
Post a Job
Terms & Conditions